I wanted to try a new pizza and this one didn’t disappoint. The salty savory bacon complimented the sour plums perfectly and the spicy arugula topping made it a refreshing choice for a summer pizza.
Inspiration for this pie came from the peach and gorgonzola chicken pizza we usually make. I tried the balsamic glaze but it really didn’t need it. Plums have a much bolder taste than the peaches so they do fine without any kind of dressing help. I hope you enjoy!
Plum Bacon Pizza
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 tablespoon corn meal
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 strips of bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 3 to 4 small plums, thinly sliced
- a handful of Arugula Lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly oil a pizza pan or baking sheet. Dust the pan with the corn meal.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Transfer to the prepared pizza pan.
- Brush on a little olive oil and top with the red onion slices.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with half the cheese, then add the bacon and plums, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for additional 10 minutes or until the crust becomes nice a golden color.
- Remove from the oven and top with the arugula.
- Serve hot.
This looks fantastic! Love the flavour combination. I’m going to switch the plums to peaches, wonder if it will still tastes good.
Yes, peaches are delicious on pizza!