Well it’s that time of year to do something freaky, so I baked a fresh loaf of bat.
This bread is simply fangtastic.
What’s the matter, bat got your tongue? MuuWaaahaahaaa.
My little guy mastering the skills of bread art. What can I say, it’s in his blood.
Ahhhhh, I’m a sucker for Halloween.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons vampire blood (optional)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 9 bat whiskers, minced (optional)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 troll teeth (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- Stir the warm water and yeast in the bread machine, wait 5 minutes for it to foam. Then add remaining ingredients (except the cocoa powder). Set on dough setting.
- Separate into 2 dough balls, the white dough ball slightly larger.
- Put the smaller dough ball into your mixer with the paddle attachment and add 2 TBSP cocoa powder, mix for about 5 minutes, adding more powder if necessary.
- Shape your bread using my photos as a guide.
- Place into a greased 9×5″ bread loaf pan. Cover with a towel. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.