Last week my 5 year discovered the pumpkin pie pumpkins at the grocery store and was insistent we make a pie from scratch. So we did. It was delicious and much easier than I thought it would be. But that pie wasn’t the highlight of the pie making adventure, it was these beauties.
I got this recipe from Kate @ savour-fare, a blog I have followed for several years. It’s a simple and delicious recipe you are guaranteed to love. I barely had time to snap these pictures because my son and my husband were popping them so fast. I wish that little pumpkin pie pumpkin had more seeds to offer us, but no worries, we have big 3 jack-o-lanterns to carve this week so I’m actually looking forward to gutting them. Wah ha, wah ha, wah ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahaha!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- 1 small pinch cayenne pepper
- Wash those pumpkin seeds, and let them dry by either: letting them sit over night, or bake them in the oven at 300 for 10-15 minutes, or take a hair dryer to them!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Stir in the seeds until thoroughly coated. Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake them for 10 minutes. Enjoy!