Give your oven a break with these no-bake drop cookies. Another blast from the past, these have always been my mom’s favorite and she made them every year for her famous Christmas cookie platters.
Similar to rice crispy treats, boil a gooey sauce on the stove top and stir it into a dry mixture. Then quickly form nice little cookie balls before the mixture cools.
No-bake Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- 1 cups flaked coconut
- 3 cups dry quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, stir the coconut and oats and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, stir the sugar,cocoa, butter and milk together. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Immediately pour into the bowl of coconut and oats mixture.
- Working quickly, drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and let stand until cool.
Ooooh! I love love love the coconut in there! Nice touch! And unusual to have no peanut butter! They sound divine!
Yes, I’ve seen them with peanut butter but my mom never made them that way.. sticking to moms recipe
I have never had a “No Bake Cookie” but these recipes sound so tasty & inviting that I will give it a try!! I LOVE coconut too & I have been scanning some of the new cookies that have been on this website & I promise to give you an honest reply with my & my families scores.
Sounds great Jane, these are something we used to have in our Christmas cookie platters every year as a kid. What makes them especially wonderful is how easy they are to make so you can have a quick variety in your platter. I hope you enjoy them!
Just made these Perfect macaroons. They are better than the old loved recipe I had. The only thing I did different was I added a pinch of salt. Can’t wait for my family to enjoy them. 5plus STARS!