I love an excuse to play with my food. Mini football deviled eggs anyone?
These little devils were easy to make, I used a small pair of clean scissors to snip the fresh chives and they were decorated in minutes.
Whenever we put out a platter of deviled eggs they don’t last very long, so be sure to make enough because these are going to be a big hit. Serve them up on a bed of fresh lettuce (to keep them from sliding all over) and along with baby dill pickles for a nice presentation. Enjoy the game!
Football Deviled Eggs
Chives give them a fresh look and taste!
- 6 large eggs
- 3-4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh chives
- Put the eggs in a large pot full of water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Boil the eggs for 10 minutes. Drain & cool.
- Peel the eggs, slice lengthwise. Gently scoop out the yellow yolk into a small bowl.
- Mix the yolks with mayonnaise and vinegar. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Adjust the ingredients to your liking. Then carefully spoon the mixture back into each of the egg whites.
- Snip the chives with clean kitchen scissors or with a sharp knife. Decorate the eggs.
- Lay them onto a bed of fresh lettuce to keep them from slipping off the plate. Baby dill pickles also compliment the taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This is such a great idea. So simple!