I was not very satisfied with the last flower bread, so this one is the redo. Unfortunately, I’m not satisfied with this one either! Bummer. Too many failed projects lately. Lets just call it abstract art shall we?
It does have pretty colors though, it reminds me of the Spring.
I had the idea to wrap the flower with the stem attached, it was simple enough.
Just press the white dough down firmly to keep it all glued together.
Plant your flowers in a bed of green grass and hold them in place with big white dough logs.
Recipe: Flower Fields Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- Natures Flavours rainbow pack of Natural Food Dye (or artificial food coloring gel)
- Stir the warm water and yeast in the bread machine, wait 5 minutes for it to foam. Then add remaining ingredients (except the food coloring). Set on dough setting. (If you don’t have a bread machine, make this like any other bread.. knead the dough, let rise in warm area.)
- Separate into several small dough balls, leave 1 large white dough ball. Use an electric mixer with the paddle attachment to knead the colors into each of the small dough balls.
- Shape your bread! Use the photo above to help. You will need a rolling pin, and pizza cutter or chopper if you have it. Place into a greased 9×5″ bread loaf pan. Cover with a towel. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden. Slice and Enjoy. Store in a ziploc bag to retain freshness or it will get hard over night.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 40 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12