The sweetest day of the year is just around the corner and these heavenly bite sized treats are a delicious way to enjoy the holiday without feeling too guilty.
These bites are only 5 ingredients and it’s incredibly easy to make a huge batch of them. Wonderful for a Valentine’s Day party or as a simple dessert for your honey(s). They were a perfect portion size for my little boys.
Thanks, mom, for giving me the recipe (originally from the Better Recipes blog). Mom changed it up by serving them upside down since the filled ones tend to slide on the plate and the filling falls out. When you flip them upside down it’s easier to assemble and serve.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dozen whole fresh strawberries (the number you can fill/top depends on the filling style, filling amount, the size of the strawberry)
- 2 to 3 honey graham crackers, crumbled
- In an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice.
- Clean and remove the green tops to the strawberries. Decide how you want to present the berries, I found that flipping them upside down prevented them from slipping on the plate and kept the cheesecake mixture from staying put. To do that simply slice off a small amount on the bottom so you have a flat surface.
- Fill a piping bag with the cheesecake mixture, pipe on the topping. Sprinkle with graham crackers crumbs.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. This step will help the filling set so keep them in for at least 30 minutes or so.