This is my go to Pico de gallo salad, you can add diced chilies but I omit because of the little kids.
We use it for all sorts of things.. like topping our burgers and hot dogs, as a dip with chips, scrambling them into eggs for breakfast.. and most especially with tacos or Mexican dishes.
Just in time for the Memorial Day picnic, easy, fresh & simple, set this out next to some tasty tortilla chips.
Stay tuned for my next post on beer battered fish tacos! Yum.
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped (equal or less amount than the tomato)
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Toss all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Let it chill until ready to serve.