Give your oven a break with these no-bake drop cookies. Another blast from the past, these have always been my mom’s favorite and she made them every year for her famous Christmas cookie platters.
Similar to rice crispy treats, boil a gooey sauce on the stove top and stir it into a dry mixture. Then quickly form nice little cookie balls before the mixture cools.
- 1 cups flaked coconut
- 3 cups dry quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, stir the coconut and oats and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, stir the sugar,cocoa, butter and milk together. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Immediately pour into the bowl of coconut and oats mixture.
- Working quickly, drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and let stand until cool.