Hubby wanted waffles last weekend…
so as he sat at the kitchen table holding our baby, he did a quick google search and found this recipe. He read out the instructions while I whipped it up in the kitchen. Ohhhhh yummmmm.
This is why he and I work so well together, we really love good food and together we seem to discover the good stuff together.
I was in a rush to take these photos because we couldn’t wait to eat them, but we did sprinkle a little powdered sugar on them.
A beautiful balance of crispy and fluffy goodness, these waffles are true perfection in a waffle iron.
Impress some people and make these!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar (I used raw)
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/true-belgian-waffles#ixzz3Q5g0uOhg
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Whisk in the milk, butter and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Preheat your waffle iron now!
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter.
- Bake in a waffle iron until golden brown. (I was able to get 5 perfect waffles with my waffle iron.)
- Serve with fresh berries, maple syrup, or powdered sugar.