So I blinked and November was gone. Seriously… December?!
Well I hope you had a very lovely Thanksgiving.
Now is the time to get out the extra cans of pumpkin pie puree and treat yourself to an outstanding breakfast.
These are easy to make and quite possibly the best pancakes I have ever made… in. my. life. In fact, I have come out of blogging hibernation just to share this recipe with you. Boy #2 says “These are breakfast dessert”. I think he nailed that description. Enjoy!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup pumpkin pie puree (with spices)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- butter for cooking
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg. Then add the milk, pumpkin, and oil. Combine wet mixture into the flour mixture and whisk just until smooth.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Melt butter. Ladle about ⅓ cup sized pools of batter onto the griddle and flip once they start to form bubbles. When golden on both sides remove from heat.