This one goes out to keepz, a very kind visitor who left some suggestions for my next bread art experiment. I went with hearts, but to keep it simple I did only one. To me it looks like the bottom half of a strawberry so next time I’m throwing some green on top.
It was pretty simple, roll two red dough rolls, lay one on top of the other, then use a rolling pin to flatten the side. Assemble with some white dough supports and wrap it up to help keep everything from moving around too much. Here are the steps:
Keepz, thanks for taking the time to leave a suggestion, I love getting them!
Recipe: I Heart Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- red food coloring
- Stir the warm water and yeast in the bread machine, wait 5 minutes for it to foam. Then add remaining ingredients (except the coloring). Set on dough setting. (If you don’t have a bread machine, make this like any other bread.. knead the dough, let rise in warm area.)
- Separate into 2 dough balls, one being much smaller. Use an electric mixer with the paddle attachment to knead the red into the small dough.
- Shape your bread! Use the photos above to help. You will need a rolling pin, and pizza cutter or chopper if you have it. Place into a greased 9×5″ bread loaf pan. Cover with a towel. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Slice and Enjoy. Store in a ziploc bag to retain freshness or it will get hard over night.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 40 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12