Life with 3 boys has been a bit of an adjustment for me, so much to do and not so much time for myself (or this blog). Diapers, soccer, nursing, diapers, preschool, nursing, homework, diapers, nursing, laundry, dinner, nursing, dishes… sigh. No time for blogging anymore and I do actually miss it. So until I have time for new blog recipes, I will dig up some of my old favorites each month to share with everyone. Enjoy and have a spooktacular October!
1. Scary Art Bread. Make some spooky sandwiches.
2. Halloween dinner? Just top your favorite soup, stew, chili with a slice of carved cheese.
3. Pumpkin Butter. Enjoy the flavors of the season spread on toast for breakfast or with some vanilla ice cream for dessert.
4. Tired of candy apples? Try ghostly pears.
5. Spice up your chocolate! Pumpkin Pepper Brownies.
I know I’ve been slacking, but I do have a good excuse. I had my own little bun in the oven and he was ready to come out. I am now a proud momma of 3 wonderful little boys. Two of which have been living off of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
In Rochester, NY there is a small college with a small cafeteria that has a small hot grill. This small hot grill served up some decent hot sandwiches and burgers when I was a student… but their specialty was something not on the menu. It was a small secret and you had to know to ask for it.
A sandwich called the chicken finger melt.
4 YEARS OF SNICKATELLA!
A sinfully rich and cold dessert for the hot summer.