One of the few recipes I do without even looking at a recipe book (that does wonders for my self esteem). This is truly so simple to make and tastes so delicious your taste buds will be throwing a fiesta.
Great option for busy weeknights. Just rub the chicken breasts with some taco seasoning and top with salsa. I like my salsa smooth and mild because I have young kids and the taco seasoning gives it a great kick.
I like to pound out the chicken so it cooks evenly and helps with portion control. I find that 2 large chicken breasts are enough for my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 little kids) when we have sides. Goes great with some spanish style rice and green veggies!
(One of the keeper recipes I found on allrecipes.com several years ago.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4+ teaspoons taco seasoning (roughly)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream & chives, optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pound the chicken breasts to equal thickness.
- Generously rub the taco seasoning over the top and bottom of each chicken breast.
- Place into a casserole pan, cover in salsa.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with the cheese, bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream and chives.