These rice krispie treats are magical, I made a 13″x11″ pan of these last night and they all but disappeared by morning.
Also amazing, they take a mere 10 minutes to make.
Let me tell ya, when you’re 7 months pregnant and your sweet tooth is as big as your belly, having 10 minutes and this recipe is a dream come true.
We still have to decide on a name. Right now I’m thinking Rocky. I swear that every evening my tummy is hosting a boxing match, that coupled with my insane craving for these delectable squares of goodness… the name seems rather fitting.
These were inspired by Pioneer Woman’s recipe, which I altered a bit to save myself some time.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 10 ounce bag of large marshmallows
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup nutella
- 6 cups of crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies or store brand)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped & divided
- 1½ cup min marshmallows
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 11"x13" pan, set aside.
- In a large pot (I like using a big soup pot), melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the large marshmallows and stir. When those are about half way melted, add your nutella and keep stirring until all is melted.
- Add your rice cereal and stir until coated.
- Stir about ¾ cup of the pecans, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Transfer to the prepared 11"x13" pan and press down. Top with remaining pecans and press them down.
- Cool, cut into squares, enjoy!