I made these for dinner last night along side a slow cooker chicken and green salad. These were my favorite part of the meal. I could seriously eat the entire batch.
Trader Joe’s sells a bag of “teeny tiny” potatoes which are perfect. I found that the more narrow the potato, the crispier it turns out to be. I have also tried this with fresh garlic many times but I have found the garlic burns before the potatoes are done, so I actually prefer just using garlic salt on these which taste delicious AND makes my life easier. Win win.
Very easy to make, simply wash and cut them lengthwise. Then toss with some olive oil, sprinkle with some garlic salt and roast for about 35 minutes. When finished, grate some fresh pamesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano) cheese on top and toss with fresh and finely chopped parsley. Wullah! Perfection!
- baby potatoes, rinsed and sliced lengthwise
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- fresh parsley
- pamesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly coat the potatoes in olive oil, arrange on baking sheet skin side up.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt (be careful not to overdo this or they will be too salty).
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, using a spatula stir them up at around 25 minute mark.
- When crispy and golden, they are finished.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese on top and toss with finely chopped fresh parsley to taste.